Journeys© Mentoring Program
JOURNEYS© - Mentoring Today's Foster Youth with A Plan, A Purpose, and A Partner
Youth experiencing foster care are among our nation’s most
vulnerable young people. Many have been abused or neglected, resulting in a multitude of emotional and developmental needs. Because the lives of teens in care are often wrought with instability and frequent moves they can benefit tremendously from the consistent attention of a mature, caring adult.
JOURNEYS© is a mentoring program designed for youth ages 13-17 who are in long-term foster care and need unconditional support and meaningful relationships with adult mentors, and participation in programs that can help them succeed after foster care. Mentoring is an effective approach to creating positive change in a young person's life.
JOURNEYS© is designed to:
- Help connect youth with a caring, encouraging adult
- Expose and engage youth in cultural, educational, athletic, and recreational events, as well as community service projects
- Assist youth with personal plans for educational success
- Offer life skills workshops that build self confidence, and enhance social and interpersonal skills
- Create opportunities & experiences that shape a positive identity and build connections to the community and world
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE JOURNEYS MENTORING PROGRAM
Who Can Be A JOURNEYS Mentor?
What Makes a Good Mentor?
How Do I Become A JOURNEYS Mentor?